A wine that leaves its mark
Our most renowned wine, precisely that of our great-grandfather, Juan José Torres, the founder of the winery which, even a hundred years later, is still the cradle of these marvellous wines. It was back in 1921 when he established not only a business to feed his 11 children, but also a passion, a school of which we have been students and teachers over the last four generations.
Grateful, we wanted to pay tribute to his person and his legacy, dedicating a wine to him that reflects his peculiar personality, with a huge presence in the room without the need to pronounce a single word. A wine that leaves its mark, like the bearer of that name.
- Harvest: 2019
- Region: Castilla- La Mancha
- Grape variety: Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot
- Vineyard characteristics: Altitude: 700 metres above sea level, poor limestone soil, continental climate, low rainfall and large day/night temperature variation.
- Production/ Number of bottles: 6.000 uds.
- Market release date: 16/11/2020
- Filtration: Slight
- Vol. alcohol: 13,5º%Vol.
- Oak barrel: American – 6 months
- Potential of storage in years*: 5-6 years
- Preservation and transport recommendations: Optimum storage temperature 14-16ºC. / Keep in a cool, dark place / Avoid sudden changes in temperature.
- Recommendations for serving: Serve at 15-20ºC. / We recommend decanting.
A round, ripe wine, with sweet notes of vanilla.
- AppearanceVivid and intense colour with reds and blues.
- Smelling phase: Powerful bouquet, with red fruits, liquorice, dairy, vanilla. Secondary aromas of oak wood as well as vanilla, it still has aromas of fruit, rich grapes, cherry and red fruits.
- Tasting phase: Smooth and yet full-bodied, elegant and powerful.